Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The perfectly Chocolate cake

For Mr. B's birthday we threw him a surprise party! It went perfectly (how often does that happen?!) I had asked him the week before if I made him a cake what kind he would want... His response was sweet, and perfect. "Mom, you know that chocolate cake we made a while ago, just me and you. That was the best cake ever. I want that cake!"

Yes, these are the chocolate curls. I want to lick the page right now!



SO I made this cake a day before the party and since it was a "SurPrise" I couldn't leave it out in the open. So it sat in my room (tourture!!!) for a full 24 hours. Every time I opened the door, there it was... starring at me from across the way.. filling my room with a rich, decadent chocolate aroma! Pretty sure that was the hardest 24 hours I have had in a while. Luckily I survived, and so did the cake!


1 comment:

  1. I'm totally impressed with your will power! ;) Good work. That looked fantastic!

    ReplyDelete