Tuesday, July 20, 2010

BeAr SpRaY

How Sad is this Picture... It makes me cringe and I think "OucH!" Every time I see this little guy. While I was cleaning the guest room yesterday Mr. B came in and started messing around with some hiking stuff that was on the floor. He picked up a can thinking it was a weird water bottle of some sort(Not quit) Some how he flipped the lid and this Incredibly Powerful and Awful spray came out! He started screaming instantly, holding his eyes and coughing. In the 2 seconds it took me to grab his arm and get him to drop the bottle my eyes were on fire and I could barely breath! I blindly dragged him to the bathroom, while yelling for Mr. E to go get Scott. We spent the next 45 min gagging, choking, flushing, washing, puking that stuff out of our system! Not fun... Scott called the emergency number and they said it wasn't going to kill us (thank goodness) but to just keep washing it out. Poor Mr. B was in so much pain. Not a fun thing for a mother to hear her boy crying in pain and not be able to make it go away. This is Mr. B the day after. The burns look pretty bad but he says he isn't in any pain. Hoping it will just keep healing but keeping a close watch on him. We definitely know that it will keep bears away! We are trying to decide if that is the upside to the story.... I told him it will probably seem funny in a couple of weeks, and a good tale to tell, but maybe we need some time to forget how bad the pain was. My sister did some research and called me to say that police officers are not even allowed to use the Bear Spray on Criminals because it is to strong and it would be considered assault! Crazy, Crazy... Apparently the spray creates a mist that goes out about 30 ft. so that IF a bear were coming you wouldn't have to get close to it. You could just spray and run! So think of that in a house! Scott was gagging in the garbage(I know that is a pleasant picture to think of!) while trying to get the windows open and fans going. He was a lifesaver. He totally helped Mr. B wash off while I was busy puking (I know, I know... I am creating a lovely picture!) Just thankful he was there to help. Yikes!What a day. This is one moment I would like to never re-create....

3 comments:

  1. That is CRAZY! Glad you guys are ok! Gotta love mischievous little boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Now I know to keep bear spray out in the garage! Poor Mr. B he looks like he is in SO much pain. I am glad that you are all on the mend though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks so sad!!! But think what an awesome story this makes for when he is older:) Glad your feet and hands stopped burning.

    ReplyDelete