Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Sweet Mr. K got a Baseball hat for Easter. I have frequently found him in the bathroom starring in the Mirror.... just looking at his cool self (if i were him, I'd probably be doing the same thing!) He tells me that with his hat on side ways he is a "cool dude!" He has this killer smile and a way with the girls. I picked him up from Kidz Klub at the gym the other day and he leans over and whispers to me that he told his friends how to talk to girls. (from that first line, I knew this was gonna be good!) ME: Oh really, and what do you say to girls? Ky: "Sha-la-la" Me: (hiding my giggles not so well...) hmmm.... and what does it mean if you tell a girl "Sha-la-la" Ky: (in his super cool dude tone) "It means they will kiss you!" Me:totally crackin up at this point....HA! Ladies now you know the secret!! Use it wisely!
So April Fools has not exactly been a highly celebrated holiday around our house. But this year the boys really wanted to play tricks and Mr. B kept begging (seriously, it was like every 5 minutes!) for me to play a trick on him! No pressure here.... how do you trick someone that wants to be tricked??? Think, think, think.. it needs to be unexpected, it needs to be subtle, it needs to be creative, it needs to be with food! (only because I love it so dearly...ahhh) So my plan of action was to play dumb like I didn't know what Mr. B was talking about and that I didn't have any ideas of what I could do for a trick, all the while plotting away.... I came up with the idea to substitute the yummy filling in OREOS for the nastiness of CRISCO!
They looked believable enough.... Right???


ok, some were a little thicker than others. And the funny thing is, they thought they were double stuffed! Those boys were fighting over who got the biggest one! (hehehe)



I attempted to film this little trick and to my dismay I played a trick on myself and didn't have it on record :( April fools to me.... There were quit a few "BLLLaaahhhhs,, yuck, what is this??? ugghhh... Gross! I NEED TO SPIT!!!" Pretty entertaining if I do say so!




4 comments:

  1. I can't believe how much Mr. K is starting to look more like Mr. B!! And that oreo joke is hilerious!! You could have even used toothpaste......maybe. But that is FUNNY!!! Good job. (And I sure hope you enjoyed the real filling to all those oreos when you were scrapping it off!!!) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an AWESOME April fools trick, Every year my Charles pulls joke after joke. it is so fun to see. It too bad that you weren't able to get a video of the fun...I would have loved to see that

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is Hilarious!! So clever..

    ReplyDelete
  4. MWAHAHAHA! I am totally doing that next year- what a GREAT April Fool's day trick! p.s. you are a FABULOUS mommy!

    ReplyDelete