Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Easter this year was celebrated the weekend before actual Easter! The boys were going to be in Salt Lake at their Dad's house so I wanted to make sure we got in all our Easter Traditions too! I love Traditions and the way they make a family go round, the way they bond us together and even more so, the memories they leave behind for us to carry on with. I think every Easter deserves a good egg hunt! We were able to enjoy 2 of them. One at the Sports Academy where I work. They did it by age group which is fun in the fact that the little ones get a chance to actually pick up the eggs, on the other hand.... having 3 kids in 3 different age groups made for a long.... long....long.... Easter egg hunt!




My sister and her sweet family came down and visited and we did our own little egg hunt with the cousins! We had the Men hide the eggs while the kiddos patiently waited! It was fun to see them with their cousins and looking and looking for those hidden eggs!








Nothing like using an Easter Basket to double as a hat! What else is it good for if it's empty, right?

My Favorite Easter tradition thus far is one we started about 3 years ago. I love, love, love it! We wake up early Easter Morning before the sun comes up, wrap the kids in their blankets, still wearing our PJ's. We all pile in the car, chocolate milk in one hand, doughnuts in the other! (If you are thinking you want to add this tradition to your family, this is a Must do part! Do not skip on the doughnuts and Milk!!) We drive somewhere... anywhere.... that we will be able to watch the sunrise. We park, and usually mom(that's me!) has some songs loaded on the IPOD that I play t0 help set the mood. We read the Easter Story from the Scriptures and this year we all took turns bearing our testimonies. It's really a beautiful thing... we talk about the symbolism of Christ and the sun rising. And then we wait, and wait, and wait. Till the sun finally peaks up and over the mountains and shines with all it's brightness and glory(it can be a bit blinding at times and overwhelming... or maybe that's the spirit, letting me know that with out a doubt, the son of God died for me and was resurrected.) I love this tradition and look forward to it more and more each year. And even though my kids are still little, they still get it... maybe that's the moment I like the most....

1 comment:

  1. I think this is an awesome tradition. So glad you have kept it alive!!!

    ReplyDelete