Monday, April 5, 2010

Boyz2Men!


Yes, I know there are only 3, we still aren't sure where #4 is???


Jess having a "Pirate Moment" AAARRRRRrrr Matey!

Jess lookin like a fly girl! Loved this headband she wore! kinda want to steal it ;)


































This year was a big one on the birthday scale for me and many of my dear friends. We have come of age and I feel like an official adult! 30 is here! So to celebrate, my sweet darling adorable friend Jessica and I hit up Wendover(I had never been) and the Boyz 2 Men concert. Ladies.... it was AWESOME! The boyz can still sing! We had so much fun. From sneaking up the aisle to some pretty sweet seats, to dancing with the gals next to us, to singing along at the top of our lungs "I'll make love to you! Like you want me too!" ahhhh.... it was so much more than I had expected and I was so fun to be sharing the good times with Jess. We ended up scoring some backstage passes and having the opportunity to meet the "Men" in person. It reminded me of Santa Claus at the mall,waiting in a really long line and then seeing him for about 2 minutes! Not quit the after party I was hoping for but still, up close and personal was well worth it! Afterwards Jess took me to the black Jack table to give me my first lesson in how to play my cards right. The deal was that I had $20 bucks and when it was gone, I was done :) My $20 turned into a $100. I was feelin good, I had my hotel room, concert ticket, dinner paid for and a little extra! I was feeling a bit overwhelmed about turning 30 and what that all meant... my small piece of advice, don't over think it! Just enjoy. 30 turned out to be not so shabby for Shelley ;) Can't wait for 31!

5 comments:

  1. We did have fun! I won't be having a 31st birthday.. Just 30th from here on out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wish that I could have gone with you! Boyz to men ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo jealous. I remember in middle school I went and it was the highlight of my year. The Boyz look the same as they did way back then. Glad you gals had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love the long hair!!! Next time I get to go too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a blast. I too remember going in Middle School. Very jealous of you two.

    ReplyDelete