Sunday, January 31, 2010

HARDWARE RANCH





















We took a little family adventure a couple of weeks ago(really into those!) We all piled into the car and took a little drive up the canyon... mind you, Scott and I had been feeding the boys full of hints and clues about the amazing time we were going to have on this surprise outing for the few days before! They did their best to guess but to no avail, they just couldn't figure it out. We even told them the name "Hardware Ranch" they really thought it had something to do with tools! (I might have thought that too, had I not seen the website) It is this Elk refuge where they put out food during the winter months so that the animals can come down from the mountains and eat. There is a small visitors center where they explain their purpose and their mission in helping the animals, but the most exciting part is the wagon/sleigh rides!(they say sleigh, but pretty sure there were wheels on the bottom) We climbed onto these huge horse drawn wagons/sleighs and they take you for a ride through all these elk. They said the number changes every day but some days they get up to 500 head of Elk. It was quite the site. Something I had never seen before! Everyone loved it! If you are in the area, definetly something you should add to your "To Do, next time I'm in Logan" List! (p.s.-everyone should have one of those ;)

3 comments:

  1. Love the new background. You need to help me figure out how to do that. But I can't see the words in your post very well. Dark gray on Black, too hard to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shelley, I found your blog on Jessica. How are you? Looks like your doing great. Your boys are sure cute. Congrats on getting married. I am sure you and Scott are great together.

    That place looks really cool. I will have to put it on my list of places to visit. I am in Logan pretty often. Take care.

    Jody (Gillman) Hogan

    my blog is private so if you want to view it send me your email to jah@silverstar.com and I will add you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jody! So great to hear from you. I will definetly send my email. I would love to see how your cute family are doing and keep tabs. I am pretty new to the blogging world, but it's been fun so far :) Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete